Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane works to eliminate sub-standard housing by assisting low-income homeowners, including veterans, seniors and disabled homeowners with minor exterior home repairs. Typical projects include exterior painting*, accessibility ramps, gutter repair, fence repair, deck and stair repair, and overgrown brush removal. *Habitat does not paint homes where lead-based paint is present
To qualify for home repair both the property and applicant must meet all of the following criteria.
The home must be an owner-occupied, single-family house or mobile home, and the primary residence of the owner.
- Location: The home must be located within the Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane service area.
- Repairs Needed: Projects must be limited to minor exterior repairs including exterior painting, accessibility ramps, gutter repair, fence repair, deck and stair repair, and overgrown brush removal.
- Feasibility: The project must be economically feasible under the program and adhere to the scope of repairs Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane offers. Total cost of the project must fall between $500 and $2,500.
Eligibility of Applicant:
- Income: The household’s gross income must fall within the current year H.U.D. Income Guidelines. Income from all household members 18 and over will be considered; however, income is adjusted for household size.
Click here for the H.U.D. Income Guidelines.
- Ability to Pay: Homeowner must be able to make payments on a zero-interest loan for the cost of the project. Homeowner must be current on all property taxes or have an active repayment plan or proof of deferral. Homeowner must be current on all mortgage payments without being at risk of bankruptcy or foreclosure.
- Willingness to Partner: As a partner with Habitat, the homeowner must be willing to complete “sweat equity” volunteer work (5-15 hours) during the project. Sweat equity may include work on the ABWK project, helping with other Habitat volunteer opportunities, preparing a snack or lunch for Habitat volunteers, etc.
2019 Income Guidelines:
|Household Size||Minimum Income Required||Maximum Income Allowed|