Position: ReStore Associate
Reports To: ReStore Director
Rate: $12.00 an hour
Position Purpose and Summary
This is a full-time position, 40 hrs. per week, working 4 ten-hour days. The Associate will be cross trained in multiple aspects of ReStore operations, including, but not limited to cashier duties, receiving donations, volunteer scheduling and assignment, stocking shelves, customer relations, and implementing ReStore donation and safety policies and procedures. As a representative of Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane and the ReStore, the Associate must perform in a professional and courteous manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate POS system accurately and provide support to volunteer cashiers
- Be able to perform all opening, closing, banking and reporting procedures
- Answer phones and direct customers/donors appropriately
- Price, clean, and test donations
- Merchandize and help stock store shelves
- Learn donation criteria and physically assist donors making donations
- Correctly and accurately fill out donation receipts
- Accompany and assist donation pick-up driver, as needed
- Assist in preparing management reports in both paper and electronic form
- Assist with volunteer/staff scheduling
- Assist in other office functions, as requested
- Follow all ReStore policies and procedures
- Desire to help the Habitat ReStore with its purpose of providing funds to further Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane’s mission and support its operations and building programs
- Demonstrate friendly and helpful attitude
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate that have good written English skills
- Demonstrate customer service skills – for example, displaying a friendly, helpful attitude.
- Actively demonstrate Habitat’s core value of diversity by modeling and ensuring diversity and cultural competency (respect, inclusiveness, valuing, and welcoming of cultural differences regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, nationality, language, origin, or employment status.
- Possess valid driver’s license and have good driving record.
- Must pass sexual offender registry check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate policies and procedures clearly to volunteers/staff, donors and customers
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions accurately
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to operate forklift, helpful not required
- Ability to understand and support the Habitat ReStore’s commitment to providing affordable home improvement supplies, and diverting usable materials from landfills
- Bi-lingual, preferred not required
- Ability to:
- Maneuver/position/lift up to 40 lbs. regularly
- Bend, stoop, stretch and perform repetitive tasks regularly
- Stand for long periods of time
Responsibility and Supervision
Perform duties under general supervision of the ReStore Manager. Use judgment in making choices and taking action on various tasks guided by agency policies and procedures. Independent judgment may be required in making decisions pertaining to the health and safety of volunteers, staff, and the protection of the equipment and facilities.
- Ability to safely maneuver/position/lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular and repeated basis.
Working Conditions/Work Environment
Performs duties, both indoors and out, in a wide variety of weather conditions. Regular exposure to noise, dust, heat, cold, etc. Works full-time, day shifts based on the ReStore hours of operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane embraces diversity. We encourage and welcome women, minority, veterans, and disabled candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender identity, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, nationality, language, origin, or employment status.