Contact Esther at 541-741-1707 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or get involved.
In 2019, Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane is calling on women to take on the challenge of building and raising funds for a home in our community for a single mother and her son.
Women builds are a longstanding Habitat tradition that engage volunteers and partners to address challenges faced by women and children—lack of opportunity, training, and education are three examples—close to home and around the world. In the United States, Women Build projects provide an opportunity for women to learn construction skills in a supportive environment, empowering them as they address the problem of substandard housing.
Women Build is not about excluding men, it’s about including women so that they can learn construction skills on a more inclusive construction site.
Women have the capacity and determination necessary to build Habitat houses, addressing the problem of substandard housing in a concrete way so that families have safe, decent, and affordable houses. Women volunteers boost Habitat’s capacity to build more houses and serve more families. More than 1,800 Women Build houses have been built since the program began in 1998.
How Can I Participate in the Women Build House?
- You can either pledge as an individual to raise $1,000, or as a team (of up to six people) to raise $5,000.
- You can donate some or all of the funds yourself, or raise them through friends and fundraisers, and even approach businesses in our community.
- You can start your Women Build volunteer hours once you’ve raised at least $200.
- You can have as many build opportunities as you’d like; however groups of more than four people are subject to availability and priority is given to those who have not had team build days yet during this house.
Click here for more information on Habitat’s Women Build House, including helpful fundraising tips. To learn more about participating in the Women Build house, please contact Esther at 541-741-1707 or email@example.com.
Sponsor the Women Build!
Foundation Sponsors each give $5,000 towards the cost of our Women Build House, laying the foundation of the home. Sponsors Receive:
– Opportunity to speak at groundbreaking and home dedication ceremonies.
– Opportunity to speak at Women Build-related kick-off and completion events.
– Named as a Foundation Sponsor in Habitat-issued press releases at the beginning and end of construction, as well as in all marketing materials surrounding the Women Build.
– Team build day with preferred scheduling*
– Recognition at build site.
– Recognition in our annual report and one of our twice-yearly newsletters.
– Recognition in our monthly electronic newsletter.
*Team build days are optional and are a great way to increase the impact of your sponsorship among your staff. Sponsor build days are NOT restricted to women, however participants must be 18 years of age or older. Build days are typically scheduled Wed-Sat, 8:45-2:30 and are limited to stages of construction that can support groups of volunteers. We will do our best to schedule during the sponsor’s preferred dates and stages of construction as long as it doesn’t delay the progress of a project. Both skilled and novice volunteers are welcome and appreciated.